Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Dear Family!

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  I hope you have a fun b-day with your fam.  And HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESTON on May 15th.  Love you guys.  It was so fun to chat with you all yesterday.  Everyone seems happy!  I can't believe that was my last phone call home on the mission.  Today I'm being transferred to an interior of my mission called Itacoatiara.  Everyone tells me that my area ia awesome so I'm really excited.  My new comp is Sister Tancara from Argentina.  I already know her from doing exchanges and she is really cool.  It should be another great transfer.  Also, I will travel to do an exchange with Sisters on the island of the mission.  I think it is called Parintins.  I have to catch a plane to get there.

Yesterday I was reflecting on a lot of things.  It started when I said goodbye to one recent convert Luis Fernando.  He took my hand and his eyes started to fill with tears.  I couldn't help but feel grateful for every experience here.  I think I don't yet understand what my mission has done for others, but I have felt and recognized what it has done for me.  Nova Esperança will always be a sacrad place for me.  I learned a lot there from every companion and from the people I taught and served with.

I also reflected on my mom and family.  But especially my mom because it was Mother's Day.  She is the most hopeful, loving, strong woman that I know.  I'm grateful for example of faith.  I'm grateful for her example of service.  Many things I'm learning to change on the mission are attributes that my mom naturally has.  I'm grateful for her sacrifice and help she has given me on the mission.  I have seen many blessings on the mission and at home because of her diligent prayer and fasting.  I cannot do enough to thank her for the truths of the gospel she taught me.  Especially for what she taught me about the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  I think about the 2,000 stripling warriors in the Book of Mormon and their mothers:

47 Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them.
 48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it.
21 Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them.

I love that even in the Book of Mormon we can read about the influence and importance of Mothers.  They truely are the heart of the home.  I hope that I can one day be half the woman my mom is.  I will love her forever and I'm eternally grateful to walk this Earthly journey with her.  Happy Belated Mother's Day to all moms!  

Love you,

Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment