Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm Being Transferred!!!

Hey Everyone!
First of all, Happy Father's Day Dad!  Hope it was a good one!  Also, thanks for your letters and e-mails!  It means so much to get mail when you're a missionary.  Thanks for taking the time :)  Sorry if I'm slow to write y'all back.

So I'm being transferred to a family ward in Spokane tomorrow and I'm SO excited!  I will miss the YSA ward I'm in right now, but I know Heavenly Father needs me somewhere else.  I met my new companion today when we went out fear busting (taking new missionaries tracting straight off the plane) and she is super nice!  We have both been in the field for 6 weeks now so we will be co Senior companions training each other.  I'm really excited!  She said she doesn't know where we will be living yet, but she loves the ward and she said they feed us everyday!  I'm really not used to being fed everyday so I'm super excited for that!
This week we had the opportunity to meet with the recent converts in our ward.  One has been a member for 2 years and the other has been a member for almost 2 months.  They are both so solid!  Joey has been a member for 2 years and his story begins with someone giving him a Book of Mormon.  They told him, "Wherever you go in life, take this book with you."  So he did!  He told us that it was only the presence of the book in his bedroom that made him feel something different.  He felt so different in the presence of the book, that he decided to read it one day.  It wasn't too long after that Joey was baptized.  There is so much power in the Book of Mormon!  I believe that 100%!  I read the Book of Mormon in Portuguese everyday.  Do I understand most of it?  Absolutlely not, but I know Heavenly Father will bless me for my diligence.  I have no fear about the language when I get to Brazil.

The other recent convert of 2 months is Jordan.  He has been through some hard things in life, so the gospel has made a huge difference!  He had gone to church when he was younger, but his family fell away and he was never baptized.  Years later after 2 kids and a divorce Jordan found the gospel again!  His co-worker invited him to church on a testimony Sunday.  He loved it and continued coming back until he was eventually baptized.  He talked a lot about a change he has seen in himself.  The same changed as discribed in one of my favorite scriptures: Mosiah 5:2.  He said things that used to tempt him have lost their appeal since becoming a member of the church and fully repenting.  Gosh, I love recent converts!  What a leap of faith!

Me and Sister Prater (Hayley's bestie)

This week we had a lesson with our progressing investigator Melissa.  She just recently graduated high school and is eventually moving for college.  She has been going to church with a friend in the family ward for quite some time and we asked her if we could teach her more and she said yes!  This week we taught the Plan of Salvation.  The Spirit was so strong in that lesson.  I had the special opportunity to point out that spirit to her and to explain that that feeling would tell her when things are true.  I love pointing out the spirit!  When we can point out the spirit, our investigators can REALLY learn.  I'm not the teacher, the spirit is.

Another cool experience was at a baptism this week for an 18 year old girl named Gina.  She invited a lot of friends from school so her Elders invited Sister Robinson and I to come and give church tours after the baptism.  During the baptism, several people were touched by the spirit.  One of Gina's friends started crying and had to leave. After the baptism, we took them on a church tour and talked about the spirit.  Three girls said they felt something different and we told them it was the spirit. 
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ!  It is such a blessing to bear my testimony on a daily basis to these people in Spokane.  The church is true!  I wish I had more time to say more, but my e-mail time is up.  Take care!  I love you all!
Sister Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment