Monday, December 2, 2013

Boa Vista PARA SEMPRE!

Oi!
 
Guess what?!  I'm staying in Boa Vista!!!!  That's right!  I will spend a third of my mission in Boa Vista, but that is okay because I love this place.  It's really grown on me and I feel really close with the members here.  I also can't believe that I will reach my 9 month mark.  Wow the mission goes by way too fast.  I think the only problem I have these days is not having enough time to do all that I want to do! 
First haircut in Brazil
He offered to do highlights but she said she can wait to have
Katie Machala do them.
 
This week we had the confirmation of Solange and João.  It was so special!  Afterwards João bore testimony and was in tears at the pulpet.  I can't believe I had a part in helping teach this 64 year old man about his Savior Jesus Christ.  He bore testimony that during his life he had visited many different churches, but the day we showed up at his door he felt something different.  He knew our church was true!  I sat in the congregation like a proud mother.  I don't know how the explain the feeling.  It's like a little taste of what Heavenly Father must feel when we are doing something good.
 
We also baptized a 17 year old girl Juliana.  At first I wasn't sure if she had real intent because the Sister she was living with really wanted her to be baptized, so I asked her, "Why do you want to be baptized?" and she said "Because I want to feel clean from my sins."  From the tears on her face yesterday as she came up out of the water I could tell she felt relief.  The gospel is beautiful and because of it we can be clean.  We can be happy.  I am a witness of that.  So grateful for what our Savior did for us.  I know the church is true.  I could not be happier in doing what I am doing!  Love you all so much!  Live the gospel and you WILL be happy.  It's simple. 
 
Until next week (already out of time...)
 

Sister Hayley Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment