Monday, January 20, 2014

New Area in Manaus

Hey Family!

I'm in my new area!  Kind of, we are actually living outside of our area while some problems with our apartment are being fixed.  So far it has been a great experience.  Our ward is super big and we are working in the temple area of the mission!  I love it!  Our only difficulty has been finding our way around.  Sister Santos knows the area more or less but it is really difficult without a map.  The roads have no street signs and some houses don't have numbers.  Also, the roads are all hills!  I like to think that I'm getting a good leg work out everyday.

Street in Hayley's new area
Right now, we are teaching a lot of people.  Really, a lot of new people.  One new investigator is Sarah.  She is 19 years old and really bubbly.  She is in love with me because I speak English.  It is so funny.  She came to church once but it is hard for her to come because of work on sundays.  I'm pretty confident that we will be able to baptize her this week.  She is basically a member already!

I wish I had more to say this week, but really this week has been a week of a lot of searching and finding new investigators.  I know we will have a lot of success here.  And it all starts with the members :)

I love you all!  The church is true!


Sister Jensen

Sidenote: The little problem with their apartment she is referring to is that it was broken into.  The landlord is fixing the door and locks.  Glad it happened before she got there.  Keep her in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment