Monday, January 27, 2014

Loving New Area

Sisters Jensen and Santos at Manaus Temple
This was a really great week for so many reasons!  First of all, we had our first baptism in the area.  Sister A. Santos was especially excited because it was her first baptism.  We found this investigator through a less active we had been helping last week.  It was so awesome to see the less active member help her friend enter the waters of baptism.  I don't think there is a better medicine than this to help less actives.  They have opportunities to bear testimony and be a strength for the new member.  The less active even sang at the baptism, but she was really nervous so I sang with her.
Yesterday was a day of miracles.  All week long I had been really worried about our work with the members here because I'm so new and my comp is still fairly new.  It was a blessing to be able to speak in sacrament meeting to the members.  After I spoke, 2 more spoke about the work of salvation.  One speaker being a recent RM.  At the end of the day everyone was excited to give us referrals and help us make visits.  I feel really blessed to be serving here and I can already see that Heavenly Father wants to answer my prayers.

I really love my area.  This week we ate at a really rich member's home.  Seriously, there was a pool with a juice bar built in.  The entire house was practically made of glass and to the right of the pool was a little home theater.  And obviously the food was amazing.  Another day this week we ate with the temple President.  Yep, he is in our ward.  They live on the temple grounds in a house built into the side of the service building.  We ate lunch with the temple as our background.  I'm so priviledged to be serving here.

One thought I've had this week is found in Ether 12:27:

27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

I am a person with many weaknesses, so I find a lot of comfort in this scripture.  One thing I've learned on the mission is that repentance doesn't have to be for something big.  We can repent even when we are being good.  That is why the name of the church is the Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day SAINTS.  Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, little by little we are becoming like Him.  What an excellent promise!  I always tell my investigators that they are repenting as they read the scriptures, come to church and say their prayers.  Sometimes repentance is doing good in place of doing nothing.  

I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have never seen it fail.  Not once.  It is changing lives of those I'm teaching and at the same time it is changing mine.  I love you all.  Shout out to my cousin Danielle for her mission call to Baltimore, Maryland!!!!!!:)  I could not be happier for you!

Love,

Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment