Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekly Letter

Sorry, ran out of e-mail time today so this is going to be a quick e-mail!  But this week was really awesome.  Our 2 investigators were confirmed yesterday and I was super impressed with the ward's reaction.  Nearly everyone congratulated our new members and gave them hugs.  I could tell that they felt super good.  We also had 7 investigators show up to church.  In our area, that is a miracle!  We have been working so hard this week to help people attend church and it paid off!
In front of Manaus Temple
The highlight of this week was teaching a part member family in the ward.  We had already taught them one time the Restoration.  Yesterday was our return appointment, but at church the non-member husband wasn't there, only the less active wife.  I talked with her after the meetings and she told me that he didn't want more visits and he felt that she was pressuring him and she started to cry.  I could not help but cry too because I could feel the love that she had for him and for the gospel.  I told her not to worry and that we would pass by her house that day reguardless.  After church I sat at my desk praying and studying.  My heart felt heavy as I thought about this family and their eternal importance to our Heavenly Father.  I read that scripture, "seek and ya shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you"...something like that and I said a prayer.  Sister A. Santos and I decided that we would just listen to him.  When we arrived he let us in.  We listened.  We felt the Spirit and the words came out perfect.  He told us that when he saw us arrive at his door that day, something changed in his heart.

I know our Heavenly Father has the power to change hearts.  He has changed mine.  I'm constantly touched by the miracles he lets me be apart of.  Because of His spirit, the mood of a house changed.  A family contemplating separation because of religious beliefs changed because of the spirit of our lesson.  I love this work.  Love you all.  Time is already up. :(

Sister Jensen

Hayley's group letter was short this week so I wanted to include a little of the personal letter she wrote to me.  It includes a sweet story about Marcelo's parents.  It cracks me up that she starts with DUDE.  She is still 100% Hayley.

MOM!  

Dude, I forgot it was valentines day.  Seriously, on the mission you don't follow a real world schedule.  It is strange.  It also doesn't help to be in a different country.  This week was a good one.  We didnt baptize this week, but that gave us more time to teach and focus on other people.  We are constantly seeing miracles and I'm loving every minute of the mission.  I feel it going by too fast and when people talk about the end I start getting emotional.  Don't hate me if I decide to extend.  It is something I'm going to start thinking a praying about.  

Yeah little Marcelo was a good kid.  His death was terrible, but miracles will come from it.  I hurt most for his parents.  They are such good good people.  The most christ-like couple I have met on the mission.  They walked a good 2 miles one night to do visits with us.  And if we passed by during the day or night we couldnt leave their house without accepting water or eating something.  They found the church through missionaries that stopped to drink water.  At that time they had been looking for a church to join.  They didnt like the other churches because they were all dancing and singing.  The elders invited them to church, offered to walk with them there but Manuel (Marcelo's dad) refused and said "we will find it and we will be there".  After the first sunday they felt the spirit so strong in the church.  The were soon married and baptized.  A year ago Manuel and Sandra were sealed without their children.  All of their children are less active.  I just can't help but think this will be the trial that changes things for them.  But my heart aches for Sandra and Manuel.  I printed pictures of Marcelo today to send to them.  I want them to have every memory they can.


Sorry that ya'll have cabin fever.  We should have a little vacation!  Because lets be real. after the mission life will be speeding fast with school and work.  We NEED something!  


No comments:

Post a Comment