Monday, February 24, 2014

Normal in Brazil

Some days I really can't believe I'm in Brazil and that it feels NORMAL to be in Brazil.  Weird huh?  One thing that really impresses me here are the buses.  I think the drivers have some sort of magic ability because they are able to do the impossible on these roads.  This week I had to get into a full bus of people 2 times and that was really awkward.  I felt like I was breaking the rules sometimes because we were so awkwardly close to other people.
But this week was a good one!  All our baptism dates fell through, but I am sure they will be firm next week.  Our one firm baptism was going to happen Sunday, but someone drained the font.  Then they filled it again and that night the investigator got sick.  But, he will for sure baptized this week!

A huge miracle this week was with the children we are teaching.  Ages 10, 11, and 13.  They are siblings of a less active member.  We taught them the Restoration and invited them to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  The next day we followed up and their reply surprised me.  The first one said "I dreamed that night that I was dressed in white in the church being baptized".  The next one said, "I dreamed about baptism too".  When the 13 year old boy arrived I said, "Did you dream about baptism too?"  I was kind of joking, but sincerely asking and he said that he had the same dream!!  Wow, Heavenly Father has different ways to answer our prayers and I know that the answer they received was the most direct answer I have ever witnessed on my mission.  But they are children, pure in heart and with real desire to learn.  Of course He gave them an answer!

Unfortunately their mom won't give permission yet, but I know that she will.  I know this church is true!  When a Seventy came to visit us this week he said something that touched my heart.  He said, "Many people think that the age changed to get more baptisms.  I hope you know what our Heavenly Father is really trying to do.  He is saving you.  He is reaching out to this generation to save them."

I can't imagine my life without the mission.  I still have a lot to learn but with the things I have learned I am so eternally grateful.  I know it will bless my future family.  I know the church is true.  I love you all.  Be happy and do what is right!

Love,

Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment