Monday, March 3, 2014

I will not get trunky!

 I can't believe I'm already done with the first week of the transfer!  Every week passes by faster and faster.  I didn't even realize it until I got a new companion that likes to count down until the end of the mission.  She goes home one transfer before me, but she will not leave me trunky!  Her name is Sister Freitas and she is actually the trainer that trained my trainer.  It's a weird circle of companionships.  She really likes to work hard and she is a good teacher.  So far, so good.

This week we baptized an 11 year old named Lucas that was going to be baptized last week, but he got sick.  The baptism was really special.  We had a RM baptize him and you could tell that he looked at the RM with such admiration.  After one or two lessons with us he began to talk with his family about the mission he would one day serve.  He lives with his less active grandparents.  The are really humble people and don't have the means to come to church every sunday, but have a firm faith and to this day talk about the missionaries that baptized them.  When Lucas began to talk about a mission his grandpa wept in gratitude.  I know he will be a great missionary one day.  Just looking at him you can tell that he is a special kid.
We contacted a referral this week that lives in a house that sits on top of another house.  I get really nervous sometimes to use the stairs here.  When we finally made it inside, we taught her the gospel.  She told us that she can't read, but has a strong desire to read the word of God.  She really wants to be baptized, but I only fear that her family will influence her to be baptized in the church she is now attending.  She is really sweet and left me feeling grateful for the ability to read.  Can you imagine life without the ability to read?  Sometimes we ask each other, do you like to read?  Is reading one of your hobbies?  I think reading should be something we take advantage of in this life.  A blessing that we don't think of very often, but it is definitely a huge blessing to be able to read the Word of God.
This week I finally saw Sister Prater for the first time since we got here!  It's been at least 8 months and we only spoke Portuguese.  I was happy to see that she was so happy on the mission.  So many good changes.
Finally this week we had to drop an investigator that we had been teaching for some time now.  It was hard to let him go and he could tell I was sad.  Even I was surprised by how sad I was.  I can't even imagine how our Heavenly Father must feel when we use are agency unwisely.  Because truely, this is the path to eternal happiness.  I have never been so sure in my life.  My desire to help others find the path leaves me feeling sad sometimes when they aren't willing to repent and change.
Mas eu sei que o reino de Deus está aqui na terra hoje e que realmente Jesus Cristo está dirigindo a igreja hoje por meio dum profeta vivo.  Eu fico feliz porque eu tenho um conhecimento e testemunho do evangelho.  Eu sei que Pai Celestal nos ama.  Eu consigo sentir o amor Deles cada dia.  Isto é uma grande bênção para mim.  Eu amo meu Salvador.
Espero que tenham uma boa semana!
Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment