Monday, July 28, 2014

Festa Junina

Hello Family!

It's p day already?  What a fast week!  This letter is going to be a quick one because I got caught up e-mailing today.  Today was kind of fun because every member of my family was online while I was on.  I felt like I was chatting with everyone today! :)  Love you guys so much.  Miss you all.

So this week was a lot of fun.  We helped a lot with our Ward Activity called "Festa Junina".  For two nights in a row the youth had a rehearsal to practice a dance they were going to perform at the party.  The first night no one was prepared.  Not even the leadership.  There wasn't any music and no one wanted to teach.  Sister Lomonte and I got worried because we had brought a lot of non-members there to dance and we didn't want them to go home without a fun a experienced.  Out of no where Sister Lomonte was like "Alright, everybody hold hands and form a circle".  And basically started making up a dance that doesn't exist.  It was so funny.  Every dance move we taught was made up on the spot.  I was laughing so hard, but hey...they had a good time. One kid was like, "This isn't the dance they taught last year" and Sister Lomonte told him to shut up haha.  But  don't worry, the next day someone who knew the dance came and taught them  and it turned out really well at the party.  So many non-members came to the party and everyone loved it!

This week we have been also teaching a family.  Remember when I told you about that one family that liked in a shack in the middle of the swamp, well about a month ago the members got them out of there and after a series of events the husband left and the wife and 7 kids were put in another house in a county on the edge of the forest.  We walked to their house everyday this week to teach the mom and kids and the mom commited to be baptized!  We marked her date for this saturday and even planned to do a special service project at her house the day of her baptism.  Clean house with a clean start after baptism, but the morning we showed up to clean the husband moved back in. :(  Our district leader talked to them both and he promised again that he would change and get married to her.  It was frustrating because he has done this so many times, but we really hope he does desire to change.  Because we aren't here to break up families, but to bring them together.  In the end, we cleaned up their house and sang a hymn.  The other Elders and Sister were there to help too so we got it done really fast.  I felt like there was a better spirit there.  If I had a lot of money, I would have done a lot more there because I love those kids.  They are so sweet.  There are seven and the oldest is 12 years old.  This house is a lot better than the other shack so they seem a lot happier.  It makes me feel so grateful for all that my Heavenly Father has given me.  When we take a minute to help others and count our blessings, it is so humbling.

This week I've been reflecting a lot about my future.  Not in a trunky way, but in a spiritual way.  This might be embarrassing, but for me, all the plans I had made before the mission are so different now.  I have no idea what I will do with every little detail such as school and where and what, but what always comes to mind is my family and future family.  As I was reflecting the Holy Ghost helped me remember a scripture 2 Nephi 32:3...

Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Chriswill tell you all things whaye should do.

It helped me remember where I can find these answers for my life.  In the scriptures!  The Book of Mormon was written specifically for our day.  It is the word of God.  I was like "Duh!"  I'm grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that wants to answer our questions.  I LOVE the scriptures.  I will be reading them even more intently during the final transfer of my mission to receive special answers and personal revelation for my life.  I know the church is true.  I'm so grateful to know truth.

Love you all!

Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment