Monday, July 21, 2014

More Miracles

It's been another great week here on the mish!  Sister Lomonte and I are working super hard and by the end of the week we literally find ourselves passing out from exhaustion.  This week was a miracle!  We had to travel to Manaus for 2 days to go on splits with 2 companionships of Sisters there.  And when we came back we only had one day to prepare our investigators to be baptized.  Our one investigator, Jonny, was super excited.  He is 8 years old and his grandma is a member already.  The Elders found him while they were working in our area and passed him to us.  He is super cute and his baptism was really special.  The other girl that was baptized is Adriane.  I have been teaching Adriane for a long time now and she hadn't been baptized yet because her dad wouldn't give her permission.  While we were in Manuas, he signed her baptismal form!!!  A lot of members came to support the baptism and it was a really special moment.  Afterwards in the bathroom Adriane said, "I feel so good!  I feel like I've been freed."  

We are also still teaching Raquel.  Every lesson is a spiritual experience, but we can't help but wonder why she hasn't gotten her answer yet.  She is the most honest, humble seeker of the truth I have ever met on my mission, why wouldn't her answer be more obvious.  We are praying really hard that God answers her prayer.  We love her so much and want her to know the truth.

I'm unfortunately already out of time, but I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity I have each week to write to ya'll about my mission and my testimony.  I know the Church is true.  I know Christ lives.

Love you all,

Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment