Monday, June 23, 2014

Go Brasil!

This week went by so fast!  I can't believe it is already Monday!  Unfortunately, we got to the internet cafe a little late today so this letter will be really short because it will close until tomorrow because of the world cup game today.  Brasil has to win!  

Unfortunately, Sister Tancara was transfered...we were hoping to stay together a little bit longer.  It was sad to see her go.  I really loved that girl.  She is a sweetheart.  The good news is I will be with Sister Lomonte now!!!  Sister Lomonte already did exchanges with me 2 times on the mish so I already know her really well and she is a great singer.  I think we will spend a lot of time singing together and that makes me so happy!  It has also been a long time since I had an American companion.  Weird to think about that, but don't worry, we will speak portuguese :)

Last monday night we had a Family Home evening in the house of a member that doesn't have a lot of confidence in us as missionaries because of missionaries that served in my area in the past.  The FHE was great!  We invited a ton of youth last minute and everyone came!  More than we expected.  We even invited some young men that aren't members and told them where the house was, but the directions weren't very good.  When we left the house for a minute to see if more people were coming, they walked past us the very moment we left the house.  I was shocked that they even came AND that they walked right past the house where we were having the FHE.  It was a miracle and they loved it.  They asked us this week if we will have another FHE monday in the same house.  The member, also gained a lot of confidence in us and enjoyed the FHE as well.  We are going to do a lot more.

We also baptized a young man named Manuel.  He watched a baptism a week ago and afterward wanted to be baptized.  There truely is a powerful spirit in a baptismal service.

Well, that is all I got for ya!  I'm happy to be staying one more transfer here in Itacoatiara!  Who knows, maybe I'll finish my mission here?  Only 2 more transfers.

Go Brazil!

Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment