Monday, June 9, 2014

Perfect Knowledge

Hello Family!

This week started off great!  We had been worried about a couple we are teaching because we palnned to go to the Cartório with them Tuesday and we spent all day Monday calling them to confirm.  Then when Tuesday came, they still weren't answering the phone.  Just before lunch, we got a call and they said they were in the Cartório waiting for us.  We practically ran there in the hot sun to get there on time.  When we arrived, they were finishing and asked us to be the witnesses at their wedding.  My first time being a witness!  They will be married tomorrow!!!  And we would like to baptize Lorencio Saturday.  Despite the lack of support from Carla's mom, they are getting married and I'm so happy for them for making the right choice.

We also went to visit Eziquiel this week to get him back on track for his baptism, but he was sick and then he traveled.  I don't know how many times we passed that young man's house this week...at least 20 times!  Unfortunately he wasn't baptized, but I still feel like he will be.  

Finally, this week we were able to baptize a young man named Kennedy.  He is 14 years old and was baptized a little over a year ago, but was never confirmed and registered in the church's system.  After a year, you have to be baptized a again.  Don't ask me how he got lost in the process, I don't know...but I am grateful that we were able to help him be baptized again and confirmed Sunday.  That was truely a miracle.  I feel like he is a lot more prepared now than he was a year ago.

It is truely a blessing to be a missionary.  This week we found a lot of great families to start teaching and with the wedding of Carla and Lorencio, I'm super excited for this week.  I'm grateful for the greater testimony I gained this week of the Book of Mormon.  I started reading it with the Manual they use in institute and it has helped my study a lot!  I loved reading about the Brother of Jared this week and his great faith he had in the Lord.  The Brother of Jared was able to do many marvelous things because of his faith.  And the Brother of Jared worked by faith until the day he asked the Lord to touch the 16 stones he gathered so that they could have light in the ships.  And his faith was so great that the scriptures say th following about his experience:

17 And now, as I, Moroni, said I could not make a full account of these things which are written, therefore it sufficeth me to say that Jesus showed himself unto this man in the spirit, even after the manner and in the likeness of the same body even as he showed himself unto the Nephites.
 18 And he ministered unto him even as he ministered unto the Nephites; and all this, that this man might know that he was God, because of the many great works which the Lord had showed unto him.
 19 And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting.
 20 Wherefore, having this perfect knowledge of God, he could not be kept from within the veil; therefore he saw Jesus; and he did minister unto him.

The Brother of Jared no longer had faith in the moment he saw the finger of Christ, but a perfect knowledge of God.  To the point that he could not be kept from wthin the veil.  I love these scriptures.  The Brother of Jared began with faith and one day arrived at a perfect knowledge.  We too can gain a perfect knowledge of these things.  But first, we need to walk by faith.  We can even doubt sometimes because "doubts create space for faith to exist".  I love the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I'm grateful to have the precious gift of the Holy Ghost to guide me in the right direction.  I can't imagine my life without this precious gift that confirms to me that what I'm doing is right.  I'm sure that is why baptizing and confirming people makes me so happy because they get to have this precious gift too.  I look forward to the day when, like the Brother of Jared, I can't be held within the veil any longer and my faith will be a perfect knowledge.  Like the Brother of Jared, one of my greatest desires is to see the face of Christ.

I love you all.  Have a great week!


Sister Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment